Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catching up on challenges

SS Sketch Challenge wk 11.  The inspiration was from a "Blueprints" layout.  I love how the colors always come together when I'm working on beach photos.  Sadly, being here all land locked, I don't get many chances to do beach layouts...but there you have it.  

I wish the journaling was a little clearer.  The older gentleman in these photos is not my dad but rather my hubby's college mentor.  "The Colonel" has been a part of Dom's life since Dom was in college and they so enjoy each other's visits.  
This is week 12 on the SS sketch challenge.  The inspiration was from something from Donna Downey.  I'm not familiar with her work/style but hey...it worked for the photos I had.  I think the intention was for more open space where I used patterned paper and placed a journaling block.  But, hey, I just don't care for that much "dead space".  

The title is rather hard to see but it reads "Happiness is spending a week at the HILTON."  Yes, folks this was our timeshare that we exchanged for last year.  OhLaLa indeed...made it hard to come home to my humble abode.  That's my dad with the boys.  He came and spent a couple nights with us at the condo.

I didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped to but more than I did last weekend.  I quit early in favor of cleaning up the basement and tending to a few domestic details.  Maybe since the boys are on Spring Break/Track off (yes, I know...again...how does any learning go on?  I wonder that myself) I might get to do a bit during the week.  

Off to watch a movie with the family....see you next weekend (if not sooner)

No comments:

sitemeter