Sunday, August 2, 2009

Forget Stella, Martha got her groove back...


I'm feeling a bit like Momma Bear from Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  This morning when I went into the craft room and started working, I discovered many of my assorted adhesives were bone dry.  Hmmm, I haven't made anything in a long time, how could that be?  Oh yes, my birthday last week...and I received many beautiful handmade cards from my family.  Oh well:  twas for a good cause (and like any good crafter, I had refills handy...the men just don't know how to change an empty roll.  See, you thought that just happened in the bathroom.  Nope, it happens everywhere!)
This first card is one I was "hired" to make.  That's something I've started to do for friends:  they need a specialty card?  They ask me and I make one.  I've not decided how to charge for this.  So far, we've been working on a bartering economy and it seems to be working just fine.  Buzz is apparently entering the battle of his life:  cancer.  ENOUGH I say, enough with this blasted disease!
These cards are creations of my own challenge.  I decided rather than put away the supplies that were sitting in my scrap basket of leftovers, I would just use what was there.  Most, if not all, were from a CTMH set called Perfect Day.  The base colors are pastel and a bit too "blah" for my own personal preferences (I prefer more of the earthy tones).  But I do like how they turned out.



Oh no, the children have found me...I guess that's it for today.  But just like Arnold, I'll be BAAAAAACK I promise!  

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I love your cards! What did you use on the flowers? Colored pencils or something else?

sitemeter